Our Georgia accident law firm works on cases just like this everyday. We understand the steps to take so you can get back to getting better as we work to negotiate your car insurance claim.
“We will fight the insurance company to get the right result on your Georgia personal injury claim.
We will check to see if you have medical pay insurance on your insurance policy. This would allow you to get money and full compensation to pay for medical treatment during the insurance negotiations with their claims handler’s and attorneys. If you call them, they will likely deny your insurance claim for some silly reason or will only offer very little for the car accident.
If the other driver is uninsured or if the car accident caused more serious damages than their policy covers, we will look to your auto insurance policy and think about filing an uninsured motorist claim. For example, you are driving in Atlanta on Interstate 285 when you are hit by a young kid. He does not have insurance, but you have an injury and medical bills. In this case, as your Atlanta car accident lawyer, we would look to see if you have uninsured motorist coverage in order to get full compensation.
We will review your case for the following:
Medical Bills & Imaging Bills | Diminished Auto Value | Lost Wages & Decreased Earnings | Pain and Suffering Damages | Extent of Injury | Duration of Treatment | Punitive Damages
Causes of Car Accidents
- Driver Error - This is where the driver did the wrong thing. They were not breaking the laws. They just thought incorrectly, and the result was a wreck. This dovetails with distracted drivers being an additional cause. No mean spirit or intentional tort, just a mess up.
- Traffic Violation – this is where the driver did something they were not suppose to do. For example, if the driver was following too closely, this is the cause of many car accidents.
- Alcohol or Drug Related – These drivers have extremely low reaction times that could cause them to not act prudently. This causes car crashes and often times, deadly car wrecks.
- Road Conditions – Standing water on the road often causes drivers to hydroplane. If this has ever happened to you, you know how difficult it is to regain control of your vehicle.
- Road Design – Faulty roadway designs also create the environment necessary for collisions and one car accidents.
- Defective Automobiles – Faulty brakes can be a sure way to cause a car accident. These car accidents can result in fatalities.
- Distracted Driver – Cell phones, texting, music on the radio, a friend in the car all distract from your attention and results in an increased risk of injuries.
Questions and Answers About Car Accidents
Question: How long to do have to file a lawsuit for car accidents. I was driving in Atlanta on 285 and was hit from the side. I had to go to the emergency room at Grady Hospital. After that, they made me do eight weeks of physical therapy in Dunwoody. My insurance paid most of it, but it does not seem fair that the other driver doesn’t pay. So, how long before I have to do something?
Answer: That is a great question. It depends on who hit you. If it is just an individual, think in terms of two years from the date of the accident or the date the driver paid or plead to any charges. If the driver is from the city, county or state, then the laws differ significantly. In these cases, a car accident attorney is a requirement without a doubt. Call my office for a further discussion on whether you need to file suit or settle the case prior to filing. We offer free consultations on personal injury cases involving car accidents.
Question: Do I need to have picture of my car for a personal injury lawsuit. They already fixed my car, so… what do you think?
Answer: Yes and no. It is better to have car accident photos of the damage to your car. The reason why is because the insurance company or a jury can understand damage to a car and how much injury a reasonable person would have. If the car has a scratch, your damages will tend to be lower. It just make logical sense. If there are no pictures, it just makes painting the picture of the full extent of your damages to be done slightly different. Car accidents are better understood with images. With all things being equal, always get photos of the damage to your car. It will increase the value of your case if your vehicle is totaled or completely damaged.
Car Accidents & Serious Personal Injuries
Joseph P. McClelland, LLC helps victims of motor vehicle collisions receive full compensation for their injuries. We can be your Atlanta injury lawyer, Decatur car accident lawyer, Macon car accident lawyer, McDonough Lawyer, or Georgia attorney for all of the above. We also represent clients in tractor trailer accidents, Georgia wrongful death claims, motorcycle accidents, and more. Read more legal articles on our car injury attorney blog. If you have been in a car crash, auto accident or automobile accident, you need Atlanta, Georgia car accident lawyers or automobile accident attorneys to fight the insurance companies. Stop your search for auto accident attorneys and call our phone number today. We will give you driving directions to our office from nearby cities.
“There are lots of Atlanta lawyers to chose from, so find someone who will fight for you and gives you personal attention.
Auto Accident Attorney 770-775-0938
Get protection with your car accident lawyer before the insurance company forces you into errors and losses that you are not aware of. Car accidents are no laughing matter.