We Fix Mixed Credit Files and Merged Reports

Our law firm helps consumers remove someone else's information from their credit report.

When it doesn't belong to you, we fix the mix.

3 Things to Know About Mixed & Merged Credit Files

1. It is nearly impossible to get the credit agencies to fix these errors with calls and letters.

2. Even if you fix alone, it comes back over and over again.

3. Our a free-to-you service fixes reports and gets you compensated for the damages.

The Fair Credit Reporting Act gives you the right to make sure your credit report is accurate and ensures you get paid damages if your file is merged or combined with another.

We Fix The Mix

Do You:

  • Have more than social security number? 
  • Have wrong accounts? on your report 
  • Have your brother's or sister's info on your credit report?
  • Have your dad's or mom's credit account information on your report?

I have news for you: 

The credit bureaus may have merged the personal information and/or accounts in your credit report with another person's. mixed report will cause you to receive much higher interest rates and denials. Mixed credit attorneys get incorrect information removed and stop you from being merged with someone else. 

See our “No Fee Guarantee”

We will never charge you any money unless we get you a recovery first. Period.

How Do I Fix a Mixed Report? 

What should you do if your credit report is merged with someone else? 

I have bad news. You will not. Any fix you get will likely be temporary until it boomerangs back at. Unless you can change their algorithm, the same issues will keep coming back. I would guess this is already happening to you.

You may find accounts like a credit card, student loan, auto loan, line of credit, mortgage loan, installment loan, personal loan, revolving credit, home equity line, collection accounts, or others that are not yours. It may be a mix.

Why Is My File Mixed Up With Someone Else?

You have 9 numbers in your social security number. But, the credit bureaus only use 7 of those numbers plus a common name or common address to put your file together. 

Credit bureaus argue they don't need to use all of your social security numbers.

Who Is this Most Likely to Happen to?

One example of incorrect information on your credit is saying a credit card belongs to you when it doesn't.

The credit bureaus may go as far as putting a different social security number on your report that belongs to another consumer. Sometimes, they will put the accounts of another on your report. Making them change the incorrect information for you alone will not be easy. You will need a specific type of lawyer: a mixed file lawyer for consumers. 

The good news is that the bureaus will have to compensate you for the stress and damage to your scores for reporting inaccurate information on your credit. Damaging your credit by giving you mixed credit reporting comes at a price. So, how do you correct a mixed report with a credit reporting agency? You fix it with help of an attorney.

Have you made any phone calls or mailed any dispute letters about the incorrect information? Try to keep proof of any disputes, responses, and denial letters.

Have already disputed with the bureaus that they combined your file? As your attorney, we can enforce your rights. We make them correct the mixed credit file and provide you with compensation for falsely reporting account information.

What is a mixed credit file?

A mixed credit file a type of credit report error when the credit agencies combine your information with another person's information. Each person may have a blend of each person's accounts and information. Their bad credit can be on your report. Your credit accounts on their reports. This may include your social security number on a stranger's report.

Because of how credit scoring works, a simple  credit report error like a  late payment will hurt your credit score. The Fair Credit Reporting Act protects you. When you have another person's information information, you lose control. Disputing to the consumer financial protection bureau will not be best solution.

mixed file equifax

Equifax Mixed Credit File

Has Equifax mixed up your file? We can help you make Equifax correct your report and pay you the damages you deserve under the law. Our law firm has experience litigating cases against Equifax in federal court. Bring in a skilled attorney when Equifax merges two social security numbers for one person.  

Do you think Equifax merged your information and accounts or put another's information on your file? We help consumers with a mixed credit file.

The credit bureaus must code your file to stop the merge. They stop the merged credit reporting at the source only. Disputes alone won't fix this combination of reports. You need an attorney that understands mixed credit files.

mixed file experian

Experian Mixed Credit 

Has Experian combined your report with someone? We make Experian fix your credit file and pay you damages. We will fight Experian about combining your report with another.

Do you think Experian created a mixed file or put another's information on your file?

These types of problems will likely never be resolved by sending in dispute letter after dispute letter. An attorney that understands mixed credit files is needed. We only charge you if we settle or obtain verdict on your behalf. 

mixed file trans union

Trans Union Mixed Report

Has Trans Union combined you with someone? We force Trans Union to fix your credit file and pay you damages. We will fight Trans Union for you, so you don't have to. It's a win - win for you. 

Do you think Trans Union created a mixed file or put another's information on your file?

You won't fix these types of issues by sending in dispute letters. You want an attorney for mixed credit reports. If Trans Union combines your file with another person's file, you want us on your team to resolve your mixed credit file.

Common Questions


We only get paid if we get you a settlement. You will have no out-of-pocket costs.



Yes. Our credit law firm files suits under the Fair Credit Reporting Act for merged credit files.


Yes. We help remove multiple names off your credit report


Although each Credit Reporting Agency or CRA will have different timelines, most of them will work diligently after filing a credit lawsuit to try to decipher where the credit error occurred and how to correct it. Cases with mixed files can take anywhere from a few months to get the reported corrected to over one year.


Seeing multiple names on your file may be sign of something larger such as having a merged or mixed credit. Very slight variations in your name are less problematic when found. However, a name that is not yours is another issue. 

Contact us to discuss your legal recourse for them merging your file with another person's accounts. The bureaus will include the information and accounts of family members such as dad's, son's, and cousin's info which is violated the laws.


This merging or mixing of credit reports happens quite often and hurts credit scores. It can happen on Trans Union, Experian, and Equifax credit reports.  These cases should only be handled by a qualified FCRA attorney. A mixed credit report is serious.

Let's discuss your legal recourse for them merging your credit with another person's accounts or family members such as dad's, son's, brother's, sister's, and cousin's info.

Is your sister's or brother's accounts on your report? This type of error should be immediately addressed.

Credit reporting errors can hurt. Unlike commingled accounts, identity theft usually will have the accounts without any payments being made.

Being commingled with a family member is a serious credit reporting error. Merging credit histories is even worse when one person gets another's collection agency reporting. We practice consumer rights against the credit industry over this exact issue.


You should immediately act when it involves your credit. Not only do you still have a credit claim under the FCRA, you don't want your credit to be at the mercy of a stranger. You have no idea when that person may stop paying the bill and it will ruin your credit score. 

Equifax (www.equifax.com) can be held accountable with TransUnion (www.transunion.com), and Experian (www.experian.com) and forced to do the right thing...when we sue the credit bureaus for hurting your credit scores by creating mixed files!

The credit reporting of incorrect information like mixed files is the subject of years of litigation and jury verdicts. The credit information about mixed credit files is highly confidential is known by very few people.

The credit bureaus use a matching algorithm to prepare your credit file. Because the credit bureaus only use 7 digits of people's social security numbers to match or create your file, a mixed credit file with incorrect information can be the result.

Wrong addresses may indicate a mixed credit file. Small errors like leaving off an apartment number are probably not that big of a deal. But, if you see an address that's clearly not a typo, then this can be an issue.

A mixed credit file happens when the credit bureaus commingle your personal identification information and someone else's identification information. As a result, each person's credit history may include the others credit account information such as random bank accounts like Bank of America, AMEX, or unknown debt collectors.


Yes. We work with credit files daily and can make sure your credit report is your credit alone. As you can see, we take credit seriously.

Although we are licensed in New York and Georgia, we can work across the nation with local counsel if you live in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

Joseph McClelland fights for consumer rights in credit reporting errors like identity theft. Sons and dads are often merged together, especially a jr  sr situation. 

Federal Trade Commission or the state attorneys generals is not helpful. The credit industry knows about these issues. Have you heard of Julie Miller? She got punitive damages with a jury verdict of millions of dollars.

What is a mixed file credit report?

When credit information is confused with a family member, husband and wife, brother and sister, cousins, or complete stranger. Each credit bureau and all consumer reporting agencies are responsible for credit scoring maintaining accurate files and keeping social security numbers, birth dates, addresses, names, apartment numbers, separate. But they don't. Many times people think there is identity theft when it's just credit reporting errors.

We will help you get a copy of your credit file to review the correct accounts and the inaccurate accounts. We'll look for a wrong date of birth, middle name, last name, accounts, inquiries, or address. Consumers with similar names like a Jr Sr or twins will have a substantial risk of error. These credit errors are the most difficult to fix.

How can you tell if you have a mixed file? It could be debt a collection account, credit card companies, American Express or Bank of America in good standing. A consumer law office like mine will get to the bottom of it so the consumer reporting agencies (CRAS) don't do it again.

Consumer reporting agencies' job is maintaining accurate credit reports. Including another's late payment, student loans, or other information belonging to someone else that winds up giving you bad credit is not right. Each national consumer credit bureau like Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion have an obligation to not make errors like this on a consumer's credit file. Many people think they are a victim of identity theft when their credit file is mixed with someone else's. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is not your best option. An attorney is.

Can you pull someone else's credit?
No. You can only check your credit and not have another person's. Only access your credit unless you've been given authorization.

How do you remove something from your credit report that is not yours?
Sorry. This is one time if you just dispute errors, nothing will happen or get worse.

Many people think when a credit report is merged they need identity theft protection, a security freeze or credit freeze, fraud alerts, credit counseling, credit monitoring, credit repair, or other things to help them in preventing fraud. ID theft protection has nothing to do with you being listed with someone else's information because of a similar social security number, birth date, address, or name..

If you've been denied credit, had higer rates, or bad credit, you need a consumer protection law firm for proper legal advice.

The Reviews Are In...

I would recommend my friends or family members if they had the same problem.



He's knowledgeable, professional, prompt in his responses and he doesn't leave you hanging. He will stay with you throughout the problem and make sure it's resolved...



I'm happy I made the phone call to Joseph. 



Get a Consultation with a Merged Credit Report Lawyer

Are you tired of getting pushed around by the credit agencies when they are making the errors? . 

Someone Else's Info on Credit
Identity Theft Accounts
Other Credit Errors

Fix All Credit Problems

These errors cost you higher rates, loan denials, apartment denials, and loss of employment.

Paid Damages

We help make any credit agency, creditor, or collection agency pay you damages.

No Fee Guarantee 

We don't charge you one penny unless we get a recovery on your case.

Untitled design (54)

We Are Safely Open: Working Remotely and Virtually