Can You Sue When Your Credit Dispute Fails?
- What should you do after you dispute errors on your credit report but before you get any response back? I hear this question a lot and I thought it over several times. I always come back to the same response. I don't think you should do anything. If you've already sent in all the information that you have, then I would just wait.
- If, however, you think there is better information out there but you just have not received it yet, then you could consider taking the additional steps to get that extra information for the next round disputes just in case this round of disputes does not work in your favor.
- For example, many times in deceased cases, the credit bureaus such as Equifax, Experian, TransUnion may not fix the error after a dispute. This is a major problem when this happens because your score goes to zero. This is not what you want your credit history to reflect.
- In other cases, one consumer and another consumer have their credit histories merged, mixed, or combined in some way. This is also a major issue that may require a lawsuit to sort things out completely.
- Therefore, other than searching for information that you may want to use in a future credit report dispute with the credit reporting agencies in case this dispute fails, I would do nothing but make sure you have marked your calendar for a reminder to make sure you get responses back from the credit reporting agencies.
- Go here for more information and a template to dispute Equifax accounts or dispute Trans Union accounts or Experian disputes.
- Why Hire a Consumer Credit Reporting Lawyer?
- Why Hire an Identity Theft Attorney for Victims?
- If you do not get a response back within 30 days, I would consider read disputing to the credit bureaus again using certified mail return receipt.
What To Do If Your Dispute Is Successful?
If you were fighting them over and over, I would reach out to see about filing a lawsuit anyway. If you feel like they created unwanted distress in your life, then reach out regardless.
Sue Experian for Credit Mistakes
We can sue Experian in they have violated your rights. If you think you have been damages by Experian, reach out and let's see what we can do.
Sue TransUnion for Credit Mistakes
We can sue TransUnion in they have violated your rights. The same applies to TransUnion. If you they violated your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, then you should seek legal counsel.
Sue Equifax for Credit Mistakes
Of the final Big 3 bureaus, we can sue Equifax in they have violated your rights.